Today I’d like you to begin working with iMovie on a News Package Practice Video.
There is a folder of video clips in the Class Read Only folder on the server. You should drag that folder to your desktop, and use the clips in it to practice using iMovie.
We watched a tutorial yesterday, and here is a link if you need to refer to it. You can also help each other out. It will take some time to get comfortable with the program, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a breeze.
Specifically, I’d like you to do the following:
1. Create a new movie project and title it YourFirstName.NewsPackagePractice.
2. Choose a Theme and apply it.
3. Import the clips.
4. Add clips to the Timeline.
5. Edit the clips –
– split some of the clips to remove unwanted footage,
– use some effects like picture in picture, Ken Burns effect, etc.
– add Transitions
– extract the audio from a video clip
– add the audio tracks to the project
– adjust the volume of a clip
6. Add Titles and Text
Here is a link to the Full Tutorial
Below are the time indexes for the specific parts of the tutorial.
Part 1 – Creating a New Movie Project – 00:31
Part 2 – Importing Media – 1:24
Part 3 – Adding Media to the Time Line – 3:45
Part 4 – Editing Video – 6:18
Part 5 – Titles & Text – 23:56
Part 6 – Editing Audio – 31:25
Part 7 – Sharing Movies (Exporting) – 40:14
iMovie saves their progress automatically, so when they are done, they can just quit out of the program. But be sure your clips have finished importing before you quit.