Thanks for your work at Festivus with the guest anchor takeover.
That segment took me over 5 hours to edit. We are NOT doing that again. There is also a TON of material for an excellent gag reel.
Today, Team 1 is producing the broadcast for tomorrow.
Tyler – ANCHOR 1 – PRACTICE ANNOUNCEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME
Jacob – ANCHOR 2 – PRACTICE ANNOUNCEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME
Evan – CAMERA/AUDIO/STUDIO RESET – SOUND CHECK!
Avalena – STUDIO SETUP/SCRIPT/TELEPROMPTER – CHECK BEFORE CLASS!
Alex – GRAPHICS/POST PRODUCTION/EDITING
Team 2: We will go over WeVideo, so you can put together a broadcast after you produce Wednesday’s broadcast tomorrow.
Rodrigo M – ANCHOR 1 – PRACTICE ANNOUNCEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME
– ANCHOR 2 – PRACTICE ANNOUNCEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME
Angelina O – CAMERA/AUDIO/STUDIO RESET – SOUND CHECK!
– STUDIO SETUP/LIGHTS/SCRIPT/TELEPROMPTER – CHECK BEFORE CLASS!
– GRAPHICS/POST PRODUCTION/EDITING
Didn’t sign up: Mikil, Liam, Sara
1. Slack – app – Join
2. I will be gone this Friday. I’m traveling to a wedding and won’t be home util late Sunday night. Monday’s broadcast will be totally in your hands. Please work together and help each other to get it read for Monday morning.
3. Drafts of Storyboards: These were due last Thursday. I have received only four of these. They are late and will be downgraded each day until turned in.
4. You were supposed to compete a practice video in WeVideo that was due today. (See last Monday’s post).
LinksLive! Festivus Booth
- Equipment –
- Pack/Move/Set Up/Take Down/Return
- Charge Batteries, Get Cameras Ready
- Green Screen, Frame, Cart, Cords, Lights, Mics, Camera
- Desk, Chairs
- Scout the Location TODAY
- Shifts – Sign up TODAY before you leave.
- Plan –
- Announcements loaded into teleprompter.
- Print outs for people to practice
- SIGN/BANNER at booth and outside to direct people in.
- Announcement for tomorrow’s broadcast –
- Record Interviews with people at desk?
- Other ideas:
Please be sure to upload your News Package Practice to your Server Folder TODAY! Go – Connect to Server – smb://cobra.lps.net/journ/lhs
Put it in the folder with your name on it, and name it: NewsPackagePractice_Name
Not many announcements for tomorrow. We may skip the broadcast and just include text in the LHS Daily News doc.
We need to be working on other segments to include on slow days. Short news packages (1-2 minutes) covering things happening around LHS.
We talked about on Friday about covering the various After School offerings. I would like each of you to pick one (here is a list with meeting times and locations), sign up (here) and begin working on putting together a video brief. This should include all of the elements that we discussed for the News Package Practice. Here’s a link to that tutorial.
- Find out who the person in charge is.
- Contact them and let them know what you would like to do.
- Set up a time to interview them.
- Set up a time to visit the group.
- Interview members. Record these.
- Film: Wide shots, close ups, B-Roll, etc.
- Edit in iMoive, WeVideo, or Premiere
Today I’d like you to begin working with iMovie on a News Package Practice Video.
There is a folder of video clips in the Class Read Only folder on the server. You should drag that folder to your desktop, and use the clips in it to practice using iMovie.
We watched a tutorial yesterday, and here is a link if you need to refer to it. You can also help each other out. It will take some time to get comfortable with the program, but once you get the hang of it, it will be a breeze.
Specifically, I’d like you to do the following:
1. Create a new movie project and title it YourFirstName.NewsPackagePractice.
2. Choose a Theme and apply it.
3. Import the clips.
4. Add clips to the Timeline.
5. Edit the clips –
– split some of the clips to remove unwanted footage,
– use some effects like picture in picture, Ken Burns effect, etc.
– add Transitions
– extract the audio from a video clip
– add the audio tracks to the project
– adjust the volume of a clip
6. Add Titles and Text
Here is a link to the Full Tutorial
Below are the time indexes for the specific parts of the tutorial.
Part 1 – Creating a New Movie Project – 00:31
Part 2 – Importing Media – 1:24
Part 3 – Adding Media to the Time Line – 3:45
Part 4 – Editing Video – 6:18
Part 5 – Titles & Text – 23:56
Part 6 – Editing Audio – 31:25
Part 7 – Sharing Movies (Exporting) – 40:14
iMovie saves their progress automatically, so when they are done, they can just quit out of the program. But be sure your clips have finished importing before you quit.
Today we’re going to watch a tutorial on using iMovie. We’ll learn how to create a new movie, how to import clips, how to add them to your timeline, how to edit video and audio clips, and how to add titles and text.
Tomorrow, I will have some practice clips for you to work with to help you learn the basics and apply them. You will use the practice clips to create a short News Package using the techniques and tools that we learn about today. Here is the link to the tutorial.
Also, I’d like you to read the section on Video Journalism in Chapter 16 of the text: From the Bottom of page 497 – 517.
We will have a quiz over the chapter on Thursday.