Daily Bulletin 1-09-2018

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  MUCHOS NACHOS, CUBAN PANINI, CHEESE RAVIOLI IN SAUCE

LUNCH TOMORROW:  CHERRY CHICKEN, HAMBURGER PIZZA, NEBRASKA BUN, SOYBUTTER & JELLY SANDWICH

HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW:  CINNAMON PANCAKE

STUDENT NEWS:

• The Food Market is this Wednesday after school. You may have a big load to carry home tomorrow, so plan your rides accordingly. Remember: Team Time and Achievement Zone students will pick up your bags in the front office.
  • Attention 8th Graders:  Please check the list posted in the cafeteria to see what high school you are assigned to based on your address.  You may attend any high school, but if you are planning to attend a high school other than your home high school, you must turn in a school choice form.  These were mailed to you before break or you can pick one up in the Counseling Center.  Choice forms are due by January 31st.  You can turn them into the Counseling Center or send them directly to the district office.  If you haven’t decided which high school you would like to attend, there are information nights at each one coming up this month.  Those dates are also posted in the cafeteria.  If you have questions, please see Ms. Sturek.
  • The Lefler Select choir meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and is looking for some additional singers.  We especially can use lower voices.  If you are interested in being involved in the choir, see Mrs. Oltman this week.
  • Lefler Singers meets after school on Mondays.  We will be starting rehearsals very soon. We will be doing a History of Rock and Roll mini musical including songs such as Jailhouse Rock, Yakety Yak and others.  Get a permission form from Mrs. Oltman in room 103 if you are interested.
  • Student Council will have their first meeting of 2018 tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m. in the Media Center.  Please enter through the front doors and bring your Chromebooks.
  • Lefler yearbooks are on sale in the office. You can reserve your copy for $18!
  • Intramural Drama, Speech and Debate is accepting registrations for all interested 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. A family information session will be held at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Southeast High School in the auditorium.  Please see the main office or your English teacher for more information or to pick up a registration form.  Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.
  • The LPS Oral Spelling Bee will be Saturday, February 10, 2018 at Culler Middle School. The Spelling Bee is open to students in grades 5-8. More information is available in the main office or from your English teacher.  Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.