LUNCH TODAY: CREAMED TURKEY, SALISBURY STEAK, BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS, SOUTHWEST PIZZA
LUNCH TOMORROW: CORN PUPPIES, GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH, TURKEY PEPPERONI & SAUSAGE CALZONE
HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW: APPLE FRUDEL
- Boys’ basketball tryouts begin next week. Monday is 8th grade tryouts and Tuesday is 7th grade tryouts. Remember you will not be allowed to try out until you return your signed red cards and signed contracts to Mr. Pappas, Mr. Bergstrom, or Mr. Bradley. If you missed the basketball meeting, see Mr. Pappas during PE class for a try out packet.
- Congratulations once again to this week’s Fine Dining winners: 6th graders, Tijah Drake and Austin James and 8th graders, Jaquelin Salazar and Megan Fischer, please see Ms. Candace in the front office, today during your lunch.
- The 2nd Quarter Hang-Out criteria: no F’s; no OSS/ISS; no Team Focus; no more than 1 out-of-class movements; no more than 2 tardies (not counting 1st).
- Please check the Lost & Found table outside of cafeteria if you are missing any items.
- Lefler yearbooks are on sale in the office. You can reserve your copy for $18.
- All School Play cast: T-shirt/hoodie orders are due on Friday this week to Mrs. Oltman. See Mrs. Oltman today if you still need an order form.
- Would you like to send a little holiday cheer to a classmate, friend, or teacher at Lefler? Starting next Monday, Student Council members will be selling Candy Cane Grams for 25 cents each. Each Candy Cane Gram will include a full-sized candy cane and a note. All Candy Cane Grams will be delivered 7th period on Wednesday, December 20. Be sure to buy a Candy Cane Gram to help spread good tidings throughout Lefler Middle School!
- This week we are celebrating new ways to play with the 2nd quarter district wellness challenge. Beginning today through Monday, you will have the opportunity to do the scavenger hunt for characters scattered throughout the building. You may pick up your scavenger hunt sheet in the office. Completed scavenger sheets will have correct numbers in each box and first and last name as well as grade level of the hunter. Incomplete forms will not be awarded prize certificates. Certificates will be delivered to those who complete the challenge accurately at the end of next week. Start looking!
- Intramural Drama, Speech and Debate is accepting registrations for all interested 6th, 7th and 8th grader students. A family information session will be held at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Southeast High School in the auditorium. Please see the main office or your English teacher for more information or to pick up a registration form. Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.
- The LPS Oral Spelling Bee will be Saturday, February 10, 2018 at Culler Middle School. The Spelling Bee is open to students in grades 5-8. More information is available in the main office or from your English teacher. Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.