Daily Bulletin 2-22-2017

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  CHEESE PIZZA, BBQ CHICKEN/CHILI EACH W/ A CINNAMON ROLL

LUNCH TOMORROW:  SLOPPY JOE, BREADED PORK SANDWICH, SOUTHWEST FIESTA BOWL, BLACK BEAN SALSA BURGER

HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW:  MINI BAGEL

STUDENT NEWS:

• For those of you interested in Cheerleading at Lincoln East, please plan to attend an informational parent meeting next Monday, February 27th at 6:00 pm in the East High Cafeteria.  Go Spartans!
  • The Lincoln East Dance Team will be having a Parent and Dancer meeting on Wednesday, February 22nd (this Wednesday) in the Media Center at 6:30pm.
  • For the 2017-2018 school year, LSE is proud to announce that incoming Freshmen students will have the opportunity to tryout for our Shirette Dance Team!

LSE Shirette tryouts are quickly approaching and I would like to get the following information to your 8th graders, especially those planning to attend LSE in the fall.  I have attached the tryout flyer to this email.

Listed below are important dates to keep in mind when trying out for the Lincoln Southeast Shirettes.  Please note that all dates are subject to change.  If you have questions, please contact Coach Kalie Hejl at khejl@lps.org.

Tryouts – March 7th: 2:15 – 4:15pm at LSE, March 8th: 3:15 – 5:15pm at LSE, March 9th: 3:30 – 5:30pm at Pound Middle School, March 10th: 4:00pm – finished.

Mandatory Shirette Parent Meeting – April 27th: 6:00 – 7:15pm in Room D131.

• There will be a meeting for 8th grade students registered to go to DC on March 1 after school in Ms. Fowler’s room (220) the meeting will last until 3:45.  There will also be a meeting for 7th grade students registered to go to DC on March 2 in Ms. Fowler’s room (220). This meeting will also last until 3:45.
  • The 2017 student directed play is having auditions March 1st and 3rd from 3:15-4:15. If you are interested in helping with the set for the play, go to Google Classroom to join.  The code will be in the Media Center 15 minutes before and after school.  We have a limited amount of spots for actors.  Show up early and bring your enthusiasm and creativity! See you there!
  • Current 8th graders interested in trying out for LSE Cheer: There is a Mandatory Parent meeting on Monday, March 6th at 7p.m. and an Optional $10 Pre-Tryout Clinic on Saturday March 4th at 10am.  Flyers are available in the main office and information is on the LSE Website under Activities.  Go Knights!!
  • If you are a student signed up to go to Washington D.C. and still need a little help with raising some money, Ms.Fowler will have 3 scholarships available 2 for 250$ each and one for 105$.  If you are interested see Ms. Fowler room 220 for more information. Applications will be due March 3rd.
  • If you are interested in science, the Lancaster Event Center is hosting the 22nd Annual Science Fair on Thursday, March 2, 2017, from 5:00-8:00 p.m. This fair is open to all 5th-8th grade students.  The deadline to register is February 10, 2017.  For more details or to register, you may go to the LPS website.
  • If you meet the following criteria from Feb. 1 to March 10, you can join us at the third Lefler Hang Out:  2 or fewer tardies; 1 or 0 buddy rooms; no F’s; no ISS or OSS; and no Team Focus!