Daily Bulletin 1-13-2017

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  MAC & CHEESE, GRILLED CHICKEN NUGGETS, MEATLOAF, FALAFEL

LUNCH TUESDAY:  CHICKEN NUGGETS, COUNTRY BEEF SANDWICH, PHILLY CHEESE SANDWICH, BEAN & CHEESE BURRITO

HOT BREAKFAST TUESDAY:  PANCAKE & SAUSAGE ON A STICK

STUDENT NEWS:

• No basketball practice today due to the 2nd quarter hang out.
  • Yearbooks will be on sale today during lunch. You can reserve your copy for just $18.
  • Circle of Friends will meet in Mr. Bergstrom’s room (120) during 6th grade lunch.  Circle of friends students are to go directly to room 120 after getting a hot or cold lunch.
  • Joven Noble with Mr. Steve will start up again on Wednesday, January 25 during 3rd period in room 207.
  • Congratulations to this week’s PAWSitive ticket winners: 6th grade, Tasya Whirl; 7th grade, Lilli Martinez; 8th grade, Valentina Catalano; and staff, Mr. Schlegelmilch!
  • 6th-8th grade boys are invited to attend the Lincoln East Future Spartan Basketball Night on Friday, Jan. 27.  If you are interested, stop by the main office and pick up information and a registration form.
  • Lincoln Southeast Athletics invites all Lefler Lions to “Future Knight” Night on Friday, January 27th at the Girls and Boys Basketball games that night as they face the North Platte Bulldogs.  All Elementary and Middle School students that show their ticket & pay $5 will receive:  admission to all boys & girls Varsity & JV games that night, a hot dog and a drink.  Also the first 500 Elementary & Middle school students will receive a LSE Knights t-shirt!  All for just $5! The girls game begins at 5:45 pm and boys at 7:30 pm.  Come and watch Lefler staff and students at the halftime of the boys’ game as they compete against other LSE feeder schools in “knock out” games.  Be there!  For more information contact the LSE Athletic office at 402-436-1359.
  • Are you an 8th grader interested in coming to Lincoln East next year?  Are you wanting to be involved with fundraisers, organizing school-wide events and being the students’ voice in government?  If so, Student Council might be the activity for you!  Come to an informational night on January 18th at 7pm in Lincoln East’s cafeteria.  It will be a night full of activities, snacks, and information about what East High Student Council is really all about.
  • If you are interested in science, the Lancaster Event Center is hosting the 22nd Annual Science Fair on Thursday, March 2, 2017, from 5:00-8:00 p.m. This fair is open to all 5th-8th grade students.  The deadline to register is February 10, 2017.  For more details or to register, you may go to the LPS website.
  • The LPS Oral Spelling Bee will be Saturday, February 11, 2017 at Culler Middle School. The Spelling Bee is open to students in grades 5-8. More information is available in the main office or from your English teacher.  Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.