Daily Bulletin 11-29-2016

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  MUCHOS NACHOS, SAUSAGE PIZZA, HOT & SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH, SOUTHWEST PIZZA

LUNCH TOMORROW: CHEESE STUFFED BREADSTICKS, SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN, SUB SANDWICH

HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW:  BREAKFAST BURRITO

STUDENT NEWS:

• Congratulations to this week’s Fine Dining winners: 6th grade, Grant Wehrman and Noah Kohl; 7th grade, Jaxen Stamps and Tucker Jackson; and 8th grade, Shar Moo Shee and Simone Hill.  Please see Mrs. Candace in the front office today during your lunch.
  • Empathy is trying to understand what another person is feeling.  It is seeing the world through another’s eyes. Today, practice Empathy by learning about people who are different from you.  Steven Pinker once said, “Human nature is complex. Even if we do have inclinations toward violence, we also have inclination to empathy, to cooperation, to self-control” – Remember to practice empathy today.
  • Free bus rides through Star Tran will end November 30. Bus passes are available in the front office for $8.
  • Student Council will meet in the Media Center tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m.  Please enter through the main doors.
  • Intramural Drama, Speech and Debate is accepting registrations for all interested 6th, 7th and 8th grader students. A family information session will be held at 10:30 am on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at Southeast High School in the auditorium.  Please see the main office or your English teacher for more information or to pick up a registration form.  Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.
  • The LPS Oral Spelling Bee will be Saturday, February 11, 2017 at Culler Middle School. The Spelling Bee is open to students in grades 5-8. More information is available in the main office or from your English teacher.  Information is also available in the Parent Center on the LPS website.
  • If you meet the following criteria from Nov 7th to Dec 22nd, you can join us at the second Lefler HANG OUT: 2 or fewer TARDIES; 1 or 0 BUDDY ROOMS; No F’s; No ISS or OSS; and No TEAM FOCUS.
  • PLC day is today. School will dismiss at 1:38p.m.  There will be no Homework Zone, Achievement Zone, or Team Time after school.