Daily Bulletin 9-28-2016

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  CHEESE STUFFED BREADSTICKS, SPICY OR CHERRY CHICKEN, SUB SANDWICH, CHEF SALAD

LUNCH TOMORROW:  SPAGHETTI & MEAT/MARINARA SAUCE, MEXI PIZZA, CHICKEN CHILI CRISPITOS, CHEF SALAD

HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW:  MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP FRENCH TOAST

STUDENT NEWS:

• Congratulations to this week’s Fine Dining winners: 6th grade, Megan Zila and Rolf Shaeffer; 7th grade, Deliasha Brice and Tommy Juarez Alvarez; and 8th grade, Isaac Nabb and Jacob Paukune!  Please see Ms. Candace in the front office, today during your lunch.
  • There will be volleyball activities next week for: 6th & 7th grade girls on Monday and Tuesday and 8th grade girls on Wednesday and Thursday.
  • Lefler Athletic Team pictures will be taken this week:

8th grade volleyball on Wednesday 9/28 (at 3:20)

7th grade volleyball on Thursday 9/29 (at 3:20)

Girls and Boys soccer on Thursday 9/29 (at 3:10)

Girls and Boys cross country on Wednesday 9/28 (at 3:10) Please bring your jerseys and be ready for pictures at the start of practice for your scheduled day.

• GRATITUDE is a feeling of thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation.  Today, challenge yourself to find 3 things to be grateful for, especially if you are having a bad day. Remember, “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Anonymous.
  • Lefler’s CLC Newsroom is sponsoring a poetry contest!  Write and submit an original poem about sporting events or athletes at Lefler by October 3rd.  Top entries from each grade will be win gift certificates to the Bookfair.  The Scholastic Bookfair will be open October 10th through the 14th.  Teachers are also welcome to submit poems and will compete in their own category.