Daily Bulletin 9-27-2016

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY:  CHICKEN NUGGETS, COUNTRY BEEF SANDWICH, PHILLY CHEESE SANDWICH, BEAN & CHEESE BURRITO, CHEF SALAD

LUNCH TOMORROW:  MUCHOS NACHOS, SAUSAGE PIZZA, HOT & SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH, SOUTHWEST PIZZA, CHEF SALAD

HOT BREAKFAST TOMORROW:  PANCAKE & SAUSAGE ON A STICK

STUDENT NEWS:

• There will be an informational meeting TODAY after school in the cafeteria for any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade Latina girl who is interested in joining the Latina Leaders group.
  • 6th grade girls: today and Tuesday there will be a volleyball clinic and game from 3:00-4:30 in the gym.  Please sign up on the sign-up sheet by the girls’ locker room.
  • For any parents/students interested in going to Washington DC this June and HAVE NOT already signed up.  There will be a parent meeting on Tuesday September 27 from 6-7 in the library.  If you have questions see Mrs. Fowler in room 220.
  • GRATITUDE is a feeling of thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation.  Today, challenge yourself to find 3 things to be grateful for, especially if you are having a bad day. Robert Braathe said, “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.”  So, choose gratitude today.
  • Lefler’s CLC Newsroom is sponsoring a poetry contest!  Write and submit an original poem about sporting events or athletes at Lefler by October 3rd.  Top entries from each grade will be win gift certificates to the Bookfair.  The Scholastic Bookfair will be open October 10th through the 14th.  Teachers are also welcome to submit poems and will compete in their own category.
  • The Lefler Newsroom is still adding new members.  If you are unable to attend the meetings held each Monday from 3 – 4, consider being a contributing reporter.  See Emmary in CLC or Mrs. Woodard in room 225.
  • A reminder to all Student Council members to meet in room 227 this Wednesday morning at 7:15 a.m. for our next meeting.  Please enter through the C-wing doors.
  • Congratulations to the 7th grade volleyball C team for winning their game Saturday against Park. The Boys Soccer A team won as well.  Go Lions!