Daily Bulletin 10-02-2015

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY: POPCORN CHICKEN, BREADED BEEF STICKS, SOUTHWEST FIESTA BOWL

LUNCH MONDAY: CHICKEN FINGERS, HAMBURGER, CHEESE CALZONETTES W/ DIPPING SAUCE

STUDENT NEWS:

• Students, October is Bullying Prevention Month.  This is a perfect opportunity to talk about kindness.  Remember that everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.  Be kind.  Always.  Wear Blue on Monday to say NO to bullying and to say YES to kindness.
  • The MOSAIC multicultural traveling display is set up in the Library. Stop by and browse the collection. If you see any books that would be nice to have for the Lefler Library, let Mr. Purtzer or Mrs. Howell know.
  • The Book Fair Starts Next Monday in the Media Center. We are open before and after school, and Family Night on Tuesday. Hope to see you there!
  • Brains and Games!  That’s what the Lefler Family Night will be all about!  Come to Family Night next Tuesday from 5:00-7:00pm!  There will be Fazoli’s for dinner, fun games, and prizes that will be able to win. Parents can RSVP on the Lefler website or see Emmary in B7 after school to get an RSVP form.
  • 7th grade volleyball, 7th and 8th grade boys’ and girls’soccer, and cross country will practice today after school until 4:30. The girls’ soccer game Saturday morning, has been changed to 10:00 at Roper Park.
  • Any 8th grader interested in participating in the All School Play is invited to a short meeting TODAY from 3:10 – 3:30 in A-1 to discuss and help choose the play to be performed this year.  Auditions for students in all grades will be held Tuesday and Wednesday before Fall break.  Rehearsals begin on Tuesday of the 2nd quarter.
  • Congratulations to this week’s PAWSitive ticket winners: 6th grade, Dustin Hardin; 7th grade, Isabelle Stone; and 8th grade, Cady Cole.