Daily Bulletin 3-27-2015

MENU:

LUNCH TODAY: CHEESE PIZZA, CHICKEN ALFREDO ON ROTINI, GENERAL TSO CHICKEN ON RICE

LUNCH MONDAY: FRENCH TOAST STICKS W/ SAUSAGE LINKS, TURKEY BACON BURGER, BEEF & BEAN BURRITO

STUDENT NEWS:

• Good luck to Jasur Iskandarov who qualified as one of the top 100 geography students in the state.  He heads to Omaha on Friday to compete in the state geography bee.  Wish him luck when you see him.
  • The mystery item in the Library, was a Tomatillo, they are a tart fruit to make salsa out of. Dontae Thomas was our winner of a Pez Dispenser. Six students got the correct answer (Sydney, Roman, Isaac, Julia, and Emerson). Mrs. Miller from 6th grade and Mrs. Jones from the Kitchen also identified the object. Stay tuned for more fun library contests.
  • PAWSitive ticket winners are: 6th grade, Sadie Steele; 7th grade, Ashlyn Brown; and 8th grade, Kaden Bryant. Congratulations to all of you!
  • Did you know that every day there are students in Lincoln, and even here at Lefler, that do not know when or where their next meal will be served? There are currently 2,472 students in LPS sent home with a backpack filled with non-perishable foods each weekend. Each backpack contains enough food to feed a family of four 5 meals, however the food is often stretched further than that. Over the first three months of this school year, the backpack program provided food for 221,220 meals. At a cost of $225 per backpack, the need for donations is ever rising. Please help us to raise funds for “Backpack Extra Mile” by purchasing a backpack for 50 cents during your lunch period and also during the hangout this Friday. The grade level that raises the most money will receive a movie period after all of the NeSA testing has wrapped up here at Lefler. We hope you can help donate to this worthy cause.
  • Today, we will be holding the “Lefler Middle School Hangout”. Students from all three grade levels are invited, if you met the second quarter reward criteria. Entry is free and you will receive a ticket during the day on Friday during period 6 or 7. We will also be selling Little Caesars Pizza by the slice, drinks, and popcorn, so make sure to bring some money for a snack! We hope you can join us after school on Friday to just have fun and “hangout”!
  • No wrestling practice will be held today due to the after-school “Hangout”.
  • TONIGHT, Lighthouse will be putting on a Talent Show!  There will be free food and drinks.  The event is free to all youth in grades 6-12 and runs from 6:00-8:00 pm. Additional information is available in the office.