- ASCD Empower18 Things to Know and Do as Conference Gets Underway
- Things to Do Around Boston
- You Create Possibilities for Your Kids. We Create Possibilities for You.
- Managing the Dynamics of School Change
- ASCD Express Calls for Content: The Feeling-Learning Connection
- Why Calling on a Student Should be the Last Thing You Do
- Advice For Student Activists: It's A Marathon, Not A Sprint
- Parkland Survivor On 'March For Our Lives'
- 'We Should Have Been The Last': Kentucky Shooting Survivors Inspired By Parkland
- Poll: Most U.S. Teachers Want Gun Control, Not Guns To Carry
- Teachers And Those Magical OK Go Videos: A Match Made In Science?
- Classroom Skeleton: Whose Bones Are These?
- Episode #1813
- Philosophically Rich 'Isle Of Dogs' Is A Howl Of Joy
- Margo Price Sings About The Heartache And Beauty Of Small-Town America
- New Gene Therapy For Blindness Comes With Hefty Price Tag
- A Second Look At A Cleveland 'Riot' In 1968
- How McMaster's Departure Could Impact Diplomatic Efforts On North Korea And Iran
SIOP is the acronym for Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol. We are beginning to learn and use this highly researched method for teaching content and language. 13 grades k-5 teachers at Everett Elementary are participating in the pilot implementation as well as a group 20+ ELL teachers from various schools and grade levels. We are working hard to contextualize the SIOP Model to LPS classrooms.
Visit the SIOP LPS ELL site to read more about SIOP, the current professional development plans and opportunities, as well as to find the SIOP resources currently being developed and adopted as we learn and implement the model.
- 2 Day Title I DT Training: August 1-2, 2013
- 1 Day Arnold DT Training (review): August 7, 2013
- 3.5 hrs. The ELL Teacher Role in PLC / DT
- 1 Day Title I DT Training: April 05, 2013
- 2 Day DT Training Seminar: January 14-15, 2013
- For questions and support please contact:
- Dr. Bess Scott ~ firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Continuous Improvement and Professional Learning.
- Laura Bartels ~ email@example.com Title I support.
Why Data Teams?
“All of these stories make me who I am. But to insist on only these negative stories is to flatten my experience and to overlook the many other stories that formed me. The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.” “I too am just as guilty in the question of the single story”. Chimamanda Adichie
Digital Biographies are…
- Highly engaging and meaningful
- Support students development of identity and growth in Cultural Proficiency
- Students stories can serve as contribution to their class, school community and district to support us getting past “The Danger of the Single Story”
- Students will have an authentic product of the school work. These finished products can be:
- printed by students or teachers
- saved, e-mailed as an attachment to family members outside LPS
- shared with the world! (via LPS websites + with parent permission)
Click here for breakout sessions options and materials.
ExCITE teachers now enjoy the “ExCITE iPad Implementation” hub where they can find lesson plans, tutorials and updates on the implementation in one place. Teachers can also contribute app recommendation and access coaching support via the site. Please visit the site at: wp.lps.org/excitetech/ and add your comments and suggestions!