Don’t forget these important things:
- 5th Grade Commencement Ceremony will begin at 6:30pm on Tuesday, May 23rd. Students should report to their homerooms by 6:15pm.
- The Prescott 5th Grade Team is very proud of all our students… we love you, you believe in you, we expect great things from each of you.
- This may be the end of elementary school… but this is only the first quarter. The game isn’t over. You have to keep playing hard to make it all the way.
- Never give up.
The 5th Grade Class will be going bowling on May 24th!
On the last day of school, 5th graders will be celebrating by spending time at Sun Valley Lanes. We will be looking for Level 2 parent volunteers to join us. Parents will be selected on a first come, first serve basis and will be responsible for their own bowling costs.
I need a childhood picture from everyone by April 30th
(pre-school/Kindergarten/1st grade age if possible)
Please try to make sure at least one of your adults is in the picture.
The Walkathon will be here before we know it! Teachers will be collecting T-Shirt Sizes from your students this week. If you know what size T-Shirt your son or daughter wears, please let him or her know or email your child’s teacher so that everyone gets the size they need. Thanks.
NeSA (Nebraska State Accountability) Testing begins for 5th Grade on April 11th!
We will be testing on April 11th, April 12, April 19th, April 20th, April 24th and April 26th.
Please plan on your students attending school all day on each of these important testing days. Help them prepare by ensuring they get a good night’s sleep the night before the test and have a good breakfast in the morning. (Prescott offers breakfast if eating at home is not an option.)
This is when our 5th graders prove to the rest of the district why they are The Pride of All Prescott! NeSA testing is not something to be scared of; it is something to be conquered. If our students do their best, their absolute best, nothing will stop them–not even a NeSA test.
Parents of 2016-2017 Prescott 5th Graders:
Take a deep breath! It is that time of year again! As our 5th graders are winding down their elementary school careers and preparing for middle school, I am working to prepare our annual end of the year 5th grade video to be presented at our graduation ceremony. We have a long tradition at Prescott of including in the video a baby picture of each student next to his or her current 5th grade picture. This year, I would like to slightly alter our tradition. Please provide me with a picture of your 5th grader as a kindergartener with you in the picture. Our 5th graders are the Pride of All Prescott because they have worked hard to complete elementary school… but you are part of that equation as well and this year, we’d like to honor you along with your student. If you have a digital photograph you can email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your child’s name and teacher’s name in the subject line. If you only have hard copies please have your child bring the photo in to me. I will digitize it and return it to your child that same day. Thank you for taking a few minutes to do this. The 5th grade video is an important and exciting tradition.
Dr. Kale Riley
5th Grade, Prescott Elementary
March is gone. We have 35 School Days remain.
That’s 35 more school days until our 5th graders are officially Middle School students.
Only 35 days left until the long, arduous journey of Elementary School ends for these kids.
Please help our students remember a few things as they trek on toward May 24th…
- The game doesn’t end until the fourth quarter has been played–we’re still in the game and we still have to play hard.
- Fourth quarter is when true leaders show themselves. Fourth quarter is when The Pride of All Prescott must step up and lead by example–Don’t quit now.
- As the end of the year approaches… you’re not the only ones facing a mix of emotions. We, your teachers, love you, want the best for you, fear for you, want you to succeed and are sad to see you go.
- We’ve all been in this together since August. We’re not going to stop now.
- Don’t stop. Don’t let up. That’s how winners win in the fourth quarter–they play hard until the final bell.
We will be going to Sheldon Art Gallery on March 31st.
The Earth Wellness Festival is today from 1030-100 at South East Community College.
I apologize that I did not post an announcement earlier.
The Festival is an annual event that has been on the Prescott calendar since August. This is not a trip we typically require parental support when attending.
Conferences are coming! Along with that means the Prescott PTO book fair and food for teachers. If you would like to help with either/both, please email Kris Moger: email@example.com
–Jen Jorges, PTO President