1st Grade Team Page
In first grade your child will grow by leaps and bounds. You will be amazed at all they learn! We are fully committed to providing your child a safe and engaging learning environment where students will be challenged daily. If at any time you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of us. Your child’s learning is our number one priority and we are dedicated to working together with you to ensure that their needs are met.
Folder for homework (two-pocket) Glue sticks
Expo brand black markers Packages of sheet protectors
Kleenex Blue painter’s tape
Sticky notes Pencils (#2 Ticonderoga)
Hand Sanitizer Clorox Wipes
Ziploc bags (gallon and quart)
The First Grade Team would love to thank all of our wonderful parents for their generous donations of classroom supplies.
Our bottom line at Kloefkorn School:
It is NEVER okay to be hurtful. It is NEVER okay to be disruptive.
Student Life Goals:
I can take good care of myself even if I’m mad.
I can be productive and follow directions even if I don’t want to.
I can be okay, even if others are not okay.
Jones: Day 1: P.E., Day 2: Music, Day 3: Art, Day 4: Computer Science
Fleischman: Day 1: Music, Day 2: Art, Day 3: Computer Science, Day 4: P.E.
Cudaback: Day 1: Art, Day 2: Computer Science, Day 3: P.E. , Day 4: Music
Burgason: Day 1: Computer Science, Day 2: P.E., Day 3: Music, Day 4: Art
First Grade High Frequency Word lists by Unit
Start Smart High Frequency Words:
a this we can is are do my me go look she has little with he where for I here and like play have to the see you said was
Unit 1 High Frequency Words:
does school what out up be come too pull make they jump move two not down very good fun run
Unit 2 High Frequency Words:
again new there help use three one then could live who eat under of no want her day all call walk around by many place
Unit 3 High Frequency Words:
away now some today way why green grow pretty should together water any from happy once so upon ago boy girl how old people after buy done every soon work
Unit 4 High Frequency Words:
about animal carry eight give our because blue into or other small find food more over start warm caught flew know laugh listen were found hard near woman would write
Unit 5 High Frequency Words:
four large none only put round another climb full great poor through began better guess learn right sure color early instead nothing oh thought above build fall knew money toward
Unit 6 High Frequency Words:
answer brought busy door enough eyes brother father friend love mother picture been children month question their year before front heard push tomorrow your favorite few gone surprise wonder young
READ! READ! READ! Tips for parents when listening to your child read a book:
- Read the title together and ask your child what he/she thinks the book is about
- Remind your child to look at the picture first on each page, to gain information about the story
- Remind your child to point under each word as he or she reads (make sure it matches!)
- If your child gets “stuck”, help him/her think about what would make sense in the story, would sound right, and look right. Go ahead and tell them the word if they can’t figure it out.
- HAVE FUN! Talk about the story and how it relates to your child’s life or experiences.
- Don’t cover up the pictures or try to “test” your child on the words.
- Encourage your child to read the book several times–to family members, friends, or even their pets and dolls!