Coming up this month
10/06 Fun Night!
10/07 Pumpkin Run
10/09 Parent-Teacher Conferences
10/10 Dine out at Don & Millie’s
10/12 Parent-Teacher Conferences
10/13 No School (End of Quarter 1)
10/16 No School
10/17 No School
10/17 Dine Out Mr. Goodcents 5-8pm
10/19 PTO General Meeting
10/24 Noodles and Co Dine Out 5-8pm
10/25 Picture Retakes AM only
10/27 Movie Night – Emoji Movie
From the Principal’s desk
Dear Kloefkorn Families,
Parent/teacher conferences will be held next week! We look forward to sharing information with you regarding your child’s academic and social/behavioral progress on Monday, October 9 and Thursday, October 12. If you have not scheduled a time, please contact your child’s teacher.
The teacher will…
• Discuss your child’s learning: strengths and needs
• Share how your child is learning in relationship to grade level standards
• Share samples of your child’s work
• Suggest activities for you to do at home with your child to reinforce learning skills
• Share notes regarding your child’s behavior
You might prepare by…
• Discussing school with your child
• Writing down questions
• Jotting down changes and growth you have noticed at home
• Discussing how your child gets along socially
You might want to ask the teacher…
• About your child’s progress in skills
• If your child appears to be working up to potential
• What you can do at home to help
• About your child’s social interaction
• What the teacher perceives as the strengths of your child
• About your child’s work habits
• If your child seems to enjoy school and the other children
The resource teachers, speech language pathologist and reading recovery teacher will be participating in as many conferences as possible. Also, you are able to schedule conferences with our specialists. I hope you will be able to visit them to find out about the exciting learning that takes place in these classes every day.
Mrs. Swiatek, assistant principal, and I will also be available. You are invited to stop by the office if you have questions or concerns. Thank you for taking part in these important conversations.
Picture Retakes & Orders
If you missed picture day or get your photos and don’t love them you will have an opportunity on October 25th to do a retake. Lifetouch offers a satisfaction guarantee. Return your portraits on retake day and they will re-photograph your child free of charge. If you’re still not satisfied, return your portraits for a full refund.
Nebraska Sports Council is hosting its 15th Annual Kids 1-mile Cross Country Fun Run at Pioneers Park tomorrow, October 7th. For those that signed up, shirts and packets were passed out today. Additional information about this race (cost, times, course, parking, weather, etc.) can be found on the Nebraska Sports Council Website.
MAP Testing 3rd & 5th Grade
We will administer the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) test to grades 3 & 5 during the weeks of October 23rd and November 6th. During these testing periods, we encourage you to make sure your children are in school unless they are ill. To learn more about MAP including the test dates, click here.
Fun Night – TONIGHT!!!!
Fun Knight is the theme! Come join us for our annual Fun Night with Dragons, Knights, Princesses and more. All Kloefkorn Cubs, Parents and younger siblings are invited to participate. Chariot Races, Catapult, Jousting, Javelin Throw and SO MUCH MORE! We’ll also have Food Trucks, a Photo Booth, a Silent Auction. Tickets can be purchased at the door!
Silent Auction bidding: www.32auctions.com/kloefkorn
Auction Link and directions:
Bidding is open!
Thanks to your feedback, we are trying something new with the Silent Auction this year. All auction listings are posted at https://www.32auctions.com/kloefkorn and the auction will open Wednesday, October 4 at noon. It will remain open until 7:30 pm on Friday, October 6.
What do you need to know?
1) Register on the website to bid. This will allow the site to automatically send you updates on your items. You can register and view items immediately.
2) Choose some of the AMAZING items to bid on.
3) Enjoy Fun Night with your family instead of “camping out” at the auction table. Can’t make it to Fun Night? You can still bid!
4) Pay for your auction items at Fun Night and take them home. Not present at the end of the night? No problem! PTO will contact you for pick up arrangements.
Kloefkorn Book Fair
Our bookfair will be held during the evenings of parent teacher conferences. Stop in, check out your teacher’s wish list and help add to our Media Center with all of the proceeds. We need your help is setting up, tearing down, and running the cash register. Sign up here to help! http://signup.com/go/pEjRMoX
25,000 Box Tops = Kloefkorn’s Artist-in-Residence
Go through the cupboards. Call the relatives. Ask the neighbors!
Collecting Box Tops is an easy way to raise money for Kloefkorn. For every Box Top we collect, the school earns $.10.
5,415 Box Tops – That’s 54% of our goal Wahoo!
Can we get to 10,000 by October 25?
Fall Box Tops Contest (Week 4)
1st place – 3rd grade – 1,346
2nd place – 5th grade – 1,006
3rd place – Kindergarten – 950
4th place – 1st grade – 721
TIED for 5th place
2nd grade and 4th grade – 696
- 10,000 Box Tops by Oct 25
- 15,000 more Box Tops by February 23
All Box Tops will go towards bringing an Artist-in-Residence to Kloefkorn in May. This opportunity builds on Kloefkorn’s already incredible art program and gives students a “one-of-a kind” experience.
Spritwear Is In!
If you purchased Spiritwear, it will be coming home on Friday. Big thanks to Alli Vega for all of her work on this committee – we appreciate it!
Our 2017-2018 Kloefkorn Directory is available. If you would like to purchase one, please become a member at: https://kloefkornpto.org/membership/
October Parent Teacher Conferences – Dinner Sign up
Thanks to all parents who signed up for feeding our teachers during conferences next week – we couldn’t have done it without you!