08/10 Open House/Safe Walk
08/14 First Day of School- Early Release 1:33PM
08/15 Early Release 1:33PM
08/17 First Day of Pre-K School
08/21 Solar Eclipse Day
08/24 PTO General Meeting 6:30PM Media Center
08/29 PLC Day- Early Release 1:33PM
09/04 No School
Next Month – Mark Your Calendar
09/04 No School
09/05 Spirit Wear Online Store Opens
09/19 Spirit Wear Online Store Closes
09/20 Picture Day
09/21 PTO General Meeting and Fun Night Planning Kick off 6:30PM
09/26 PLC Day- Early Release 1:33PM
Open House: Thursday, August 10th 6:00-7:00
- Practice arriving at school using the safest route
- Meet your new team of teachers, tour the building and find your classroom
- Return all completed paperwork and deposit lunch money in the cafeteria
- Review, complete, sign and turn in:
- Census Form
- Arrival Dismissal Form
- Technology Device Agreement
- Join the Kloefkorn PTO!
First Day of School: Monday, August 14th
Optional breakfast will be served everyday starting on the first day of school
- 7:45 a.m.-8:05 a.m. | Breakfast is served in the cafeteria.
- 8:00 a.m.-8:10 a.m. | Students may arrive indoors through door 1 or 5
- 8:15 a.m. | School begins
- 1:33 p.m. | School dismisses
School will dismiss early (1:33 p.m.) on Monday and Tuesday.
Regular School Hours Begin Wednesday, August 16th
- 7:45-8:05 a.m.| Students eating breakfast arrive and report to the cafeteria
- 8:00-8:10 a.m.| 1st-5th grade students arrive and go directly to the gym Kindergarten students arrive and walk to the kindergarten hallway
- 8:15 a.m.| School begins
- 2:53 p.m.| School dismisses
Arrival Procedures for 2017-2018 School Year
Please note that our student arrival plan this year will be changing slightly.
- Students participating in the Kloefkorn breakfast program will notice no changes. Students may enter the building through the front door (door 1) between 7:45 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. to eat breakfast.
- There will be no changes for students participating in our Family Service Before School Program.
Changes this year:
- Students not eating breakfast or participating in the Family Service Before School Program may not enter our school grounds until 8:00 am. Supervision is not provided prior to 8:00 am. Safety is our number one priority and students must not be on school grounds unless they are supervised.
- All kindergarten students will enter the building through the front door (door 1) and walk directly to the kindergarten hallway. Students will be supervised until school starts.
- All 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students may enter the building through the front door (door 1) or the south side of the building (door 5). Students will walk directly to the gym and sit down in grade level lines until school start.
Parent/Guardian’s should be receiving an email following this one that lets you know who their child’s/children’s teacher will be for the 2017-18 school year. If for some reason you did not receive the email, the class lists will also be posted at Open House on Thursday, August 10th. Listed below are our 2017-18 teachers and the grade levels they are teaching.
Lincoln Public Schools provides all essential supplies needed by students for the school year. A backpack large enough to fit a large Tyvek/mailer Friday Folder – and possibly a lunch box – is all that families are asked to provide.
If you are interested in donating supplies, classroom teachers and specialists may share items that they would graciously welcome. Items may be dropped off at our Open House or dropped off at the office at any time. Click here to view wish lists
Solar Eclipse Day
Lincoln Public Schools will be celebrating the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. This event is unique, only occurring once every 500 years in the Midwest, and we want to help make this something your student will remember forever. To help you understand this event, here are some basic Q&As and information.
Chorus for 4th & 5th Grade Students
Chorus rehearsals will be held on Monday mornings from 7:20 – 8:10 a.m. when school is in session. This year we will have a combined 4th/5th chorus rehearsal in the music room (144).
Students will enter through the office doors (door 1) no earlier than 7:10 am. Attendance will be sent to the office at approximately 7:30 a.m.
To sign up for Chorus click here. Chorus sign up will be available from now through Friday, August 25th (midnight).
Monday, September 11th – Chorus Rehearsal begins
Monday, December 4th – Chorus 2017 Final Rehearsal
Tuesday, December 5, 2017– 9:15am & 6 pm CHORUS WINTER CONCERT
Monday, January 29th – Chorus Rehearsal begins
Monday, April 30th – Chorus 2017 Final Rehearsal
Tuesday, May 1, 2018–9:15am & 6 pm CHORUS WINTER CONCERT
Friday, May 4th Chorus Tour TBA
PTO Student Directory
We know that the PTO Directory is an important piece of sending birthday invitations to classmates and we will work to get this out as soon as possible. At Open House there will be an optional waiver form you can fill out if you wish to not have your information published in the directory. This form is due back to the office by no later than August 21st. To receive a directory, be sure to sign up for the PTO by clicking here.
Want access to that Directory and support the group that brings a variety of opportunities to our children, teachers, and community? Join and/or renew your PTO membership at: https://kloefkornpto.org/membership/
Back to School Breakfast
Welcome back our teachers in style with a wonderful breakfast! Please sign up to bring something to Kloefkorn on Monday morning 8/7 by 8:00 a.m. If you want to contribute but can’t make Monday morning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop off time on Sunday. http://signup.com/go/bjzUwLK
Destination Imagination Information Night!
Join us for our DI Open House on Friday, September 8th from 6:30-8:00pm in the Kloefkorn cafeteria. DI is an after school program that promotes teamwork, builds problem solving skills and encourages creativity! This year we are excited to offer three different levels of DI programming to students. This program is for grades K-5!
Fun Night October 6th!
FunKNIGHT is this year’s theme! Come all Knights, Dragons, Princesses and more for a FunKnight at Castle Kloefkorn! Come to our first General PTO meeting to kick off this year’s planning on Aug 24th at 6:30pm in the Media Center. Can’t make the meeting but interested in helping? Please email email@example.com to join the committee! Mark your calendar with the date and time for this family fun event!
After School Programs
Registration for After School Programs will be up shortly. Information will be sent home in Friday Folders.
We are excited to be offering Spanish Immersion Classes with The Language Project (TLP) this fall. The Language Project´s hands-on, interactive, and high-energy approach ensures students are motivated and engaged while learning a new language at the same time. This fully immersive, independent, learning program is helping thousands of students worldwide unlock the benefits of bilingualism.
Spanish Club- Kloefkorn Elementary
Starts August 28
Price (30 weeks):
- 1 payment of $315
- 3 payments of $105 approx
We are excited to bring TLP to our school and to start our students on the road to bilingualism. Watch Friday Folders and the PTO Facebook page for registration information.
Further questions, contact: Helen Maijub, TLP Lincoln Coordinator | 509.823.7307 | lincoln@languageprojectkids. com
Help Kloefkorn support as you shop!
Shop Amazon through this link and 8% of your purchases made will go directly to the PTO.
Box Tops are also a great way to help raise money for our school! In previous years we have earned over $1,600 for Box Tops that were turned in! Box Tops can be found hundreds of products! Click here to view participating products or here to learn more about what the Box Top Education Program is!
Salt Dogs Game – 5th Grade – Aug 23rd
Our 5th Grade class will be going on their annual PTO sponsored Salt Dogs game on Aug 23rd! Please coordinate with your 5th grade homeroom teacher to ensure we have your child’s t-shirt size!