TBD Classroom Assignments
07/21 Family Swim Night
08/10 Open House/Safe Walk
08/14 First Day of School- Early Release 1:33PM
08/15 Early Release 1:33PM
08/29 PLC Day- Early Release 1:33PM
Message from Mrs. Bowhay
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! We hope you are having wonderful summer break and will soon be ready to join us for another year of learning. Please take a moment to read the following information regarding the first few days of school.
As we look to the year ahead, please know that the staff at Kloefkorn want to partner with you to make this a productive and successful year for your children. We are committed to academic excellence and meeting the needs of each student. If you have questions or concerns about your child at anytime throughout the year, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or me at 402-436-1148.
Polly Bowhay Principal
Welcome New Staff
This year we welcome the following new professionals to Kloefkorn:
- Alexis VonEssen-2nd grade
- Joanna Fineran-3rd grade
- Mikayla Young -3rd grade
- Jennifer Nelsen-4th grade
- Kyndra Gabriel- 5th grade
- Rachel Scofield –Special Education
- Erin Pfister –Special Education
- Polly Bowhay-Principal
Open House: Thursday, August 10th 6:00-7:00
- Practice arriving at school using the safest route
- Meet your new team of teachers, tour the building and find your classroom
- Return all completed paperwork and deposit lunch money in the cafeteria
- Complete Census and Arrival Dismissal Form
- Join the Kloefkorn PTO
First Day of School: Monday, August 14th
Optional breakfast will be served everyday starting on the first day of school.
- 7:45 a.m.-8:05 a.m. | Breakfast is served in the cafeteria
- 8:00 a.m.-8:10 a.m. | Students may arrive (*teachers will meet students outside on the first day of school)
- 8:15 a.m. | School begins
- 1:33 p.m. | School dismisses
School will dismiss early (1:33 p.m.) on Monday and Tuesday.
Regular School Hours Begin Wednesday, August 16th
- 7:45-8:05 a.m.| Students eating breakfast arrive and report to the cafeteria
- 8:00-8:10 a.m.| 1st-5th grade students arrive and go directly to the gym Kindergarten students arrive and walk to the kindergarten hallway
- 8:15 a.m.| School begins
- 2:53 p.m.| School dismisses
Parent/Guardian’s will receive an email letting them know who their child’s/children’s teacher will be for the 2017-18 school year within the first two weeks of August. If for some reason you do not receive the email, the class lists will also be posted at Open House on August 10th.
Lincoln Public Schools provides all essential supplies needed by students for the school year. A backpack large enough to fit a large Tyvek/mailer Friday Folder – and possibly a lunch box – is all that families are asked to provide.
If you are interested in donating supplies, classroom teachers and specialist may share items that they would graciously welcome. Items may be dropped off at the Open House or dropped off at the office at any time. Click here to view wish lists
See attached for two documents shared with all parents from Nutritional Services.
Family Swim Night
Join us for Family Swim night at Star City Shores on July 21st from 8:30PM-10:00PM to celebrate the end of summer! Incoming Cub families and graduating 5th grade families are welcome. Admission to the pool is covered by Kloefkorn PTO. Concession stand will be open! We hope to see you there!
Summer Media & Bookmobile
Our summer media dates have come to an end. We hope everyone enjoyed getting time at the school this summer to do some fun activities and check out books! Don’t forget, you still have the opportunity to check out books through our Bookmobile that is at the school every other Wednesday from 6:00-7:00PM.
The Lied Bookmobile carries adult and juvenile fiction and nonfiction, magazines, DVDs and videos, audiobooks on tape and CD, computer games, and large print titles. Requests for items not currently on the Lied Bookmobile can be made by placing holds through the library’s online catalog, by calling any library location, or by submitting titles to Lied Bookmobile staff. Please allow several days before your stop for items to reach the Lied Bookmobile when placing holds.
The next scheduled stops are listed below:
- July 19th
- August 2nd
- August 16th
- August 30th