We will be doing a lot of fun things this month. We learned all last week about Veterans and what they do for our country. We were excited to have a real veteran visit the classroom last Friday! We wrote/drew letters for our Veterans. If there is someone in your family that you would like us to send a letter to please let us know. You can send us their address or we can send a note home with you to personally deliver.
We will also be celebrating Thanksgiving in our classroom by watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and eating the same snacks that they have in the movie. We will be doing this November 22nd at 1:30pm. We would love for you to come and join the fun. Mrs. Losey (AM preschool teacher) says they have always had a blast doing this and parents have had fun too. If you would like to attend please just let me know so I can plan for the appropriate amount of snacks. We would just watch the movie and eat our snacks then the students would go to on with the rest of their day.
I have been busy with our second round of home visits this week. I am looking forward to finishing up these visits over the next 2 weeks. If you are unsure when your visit is, you can check it out on the preschool website or at this link: November home visits
. If you would like to get signed up early for our next set of visits in February here is that link: February home visit sign-ups
Thank you for all you do. Please let me know if you have any questions.
I have uploaded photos from our safety week last week. Take a minute to look over the wonderful time we had learning how to be safe. :)\
As cooler weather is upon us, please remember to provide your student with appropriate clothing. Right now, jackets may not be needed in the afternoon for recess or after school but in the coming weeks jackets/coats may become the norm.
As winter approaches also remember to dress your student in a hat, gloves, and winter coat. Snow boots can also be worn on snowy days. We WILL go outside everyday unless Ms. Baker (Principal) tells us differently.
Thank you for your cooperation! 🙂
Please remember to sign up that we need to have home visits completed for September. Take a look at the doc for sign ups for September and let me know when work for your family if you have not signed up already.
November’s sign up sheet for home visits is up and ready to go. Please write your student’s name in for the time and day that works best for you. If the times do not work for you, please e-mail me and we can work another time out for your family.
To make our library days go more smoothly, Ms. Jacobs (librarian) and I have come up with a plan to have all books returned to school on Wednesday so the books can be checked in before we go to the library on Thursday afternoon.
So, please have your students book in their backpack every Wednesday from now on.
I have uploaded photos on the photo page of our last several weeks together. Please remember the photos are password protected. Check your e-mail for password or e-mail me if you need it.
Reminders for Friday –
- Picture Day:
- we will be taking school photos at 12:05 on Friday
- Parent Night:
- no childcare will be provided, please plan accordingly
- all individualized student questions will need to be asked through email or phone call
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday evening.
I hope you are having a enjoyable weekend. I know my family and I have enjoyed spending time together and getting stuff done around our house.
Our second week was packed full of learning and I could tell our first full week took a lot out of our kiddos. We worked on learning our classroom rules of Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible. We talked about what it looks like to be each of these things both in the classroom and in the hallways/outside. Chat with your student about what each of these look like, I know they can tell you as they have told me all week long.
This next week we will work on listening to and welcoming each other. We will also continue to learn about each of our strengths and how we can continue to follow our classroom rules.
- If you have not already please take a look at our classroom website (Ms. Jamie’s Ladybugs) I will be adding pictures at the end of the week now that we are getting into a good routine. Our password is ladybugs2016.
- I will place any reminders or important dates and information on the website so please use it as your first stop to know what is happening in our classroom.
- Tuesday August 30th is a PLC day. This day allows us teachers to participate in Professional Learning trainings. Due to this there is NO PRESCHOOL on this day. PLC days happen on the last Tuesday of every month and each time Preschool will not be in session.
- If you have not yet brought back your white Thursday Folder, please do soMonday.
- Also please bring back your colored construction paper with family photos so we can hang them in the classroom and enjoy getting to know all our families.
- Library books will need to be returned Thursday so remember to place those in backpack that way your student can check out another book.
As always if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. I am always happy to help as best I can.
Enjoy the last little bit of your weekend and I look forward to starting our next week together!!
No Preschool on Tuesday August 30th due to it being a PLC day. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks!!
Preschool Curriculum night: September 9th @ 5:30PM at Pyrtle
We will cover the curriculum (Second Steps and Talking about Touching) and you will get a chance to explore it and ask questions.