Welcome to the Irving Parent Teacher Student Organization (IPTSO)!
Our primary goals are to support the teachers and staff, students and the parents of Irving Middle School. We believe that Irving is a special place for our students and we want to make it even better with our involvement.
You can find information about current IPTSO activities on Facebook page. Follow us @: Irving Middle School PTSO – IPTSO
Teachers and Staff Support
- Currently, IPTSO provides food during conferences in September and February, treats each month and breakfast at the beginning and end of the school year for the Irving teachers and staff. Many years we support teacher requests for specific items needed in their classrooms such as sheet music for the choir program. We also support our media center with updates and supplies.
- Our student support at Irving consists of class parties for each grade, coordinating our Outreach fundraiser and providing support for student activities such as music programs and transportation to events. We are always willing to try new things and support additional activities if we have further suggestions.
- IPTSO has a number of activities to help support our parents at Irving. And involvement in IPTSO is one of the best ways to stay engaged and informed about your student’s experience at Irving. Please let us know if you would like to be more involved. We welcome all Irving parents to be a part of our activities.
- Our fundraiser this fall is based on the exciting idea of getting students to volunteer and contribute to others in our community. This is our seventh year of encouraging our students to see how they can help others in our community. We have received excellent feedback from our students, school and community. Over the past four years, we have raised over $40,000 that directly impacts the Irving community.
- Click HERE to find out how YOU can raise funds for Irving with ICOR (Irving Community Out-Reach)
- We want you to remember that all parents, teachers and students are members of IPTSO. This is not a group you have to join to obtain membership. PTO donations are only for costs related to IPTSO expenses. IPTSO meetings are held at 6:00 pm in the Irving Media Center. We hope you are able to join us. If not, we definitely want your input and welcome your comments at any time. Please let us know if you have any ideas, concerns, or suggestions.
- IPTSO Membership Form
2016-17 IPTSO Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at 6:00 pm in the Library Media Center on 2nd Floor.
- Tuesday, August 16
- Tuesday, September 20
- Tuesday, October 25
- Tuesday, November 15
- No meeting scheduled in December
- Tuesday, January 17
- Tuesday, February 21
- Tuesday March 21
- Tuesday, April 18
We look forward to a wonderful year with you all!
Jon Carlson– President: firstname.lastname@example.org