Welcome to the Irving Parent Teacher Student Organization (IPTSO)!
We are the proud parents of Irving Aardvarks and our primary goals are to support the teachers, staff, students, and fellow parents of Irving Middle School. We believe that Irving is a special place for our students and we want to make it even better with our involvement.
You can find information about current IPTSO activities on our Facebook page. LIKE us @: Irving Middle School PTSO – IPTSO
- Our student support at Irving consists of class parties for 6th and 8th grades and a special educational field trip for 7th grade. We also coordinate our annual outreach fundraiser (ICOR), which raises funds for Irving projects and encourages volunteerism by our students. We provide support for student activities such as music programs and transportation to events. We are always willing to consider new ideas and support additional activities if we have further suggestions.
- Involvement in IPTSO is one of the best ways to stay engaged and informed about your student’s experience at Irving. We bring in occasional topical speakers to educate parents on trends in the middle school community. Please let us know if you would like to be more involved. We welcome all Irving parents to be a part of our activities.
Teachers and Staff Support
- Currently, IPTSO provides food during conferences in September and February, as well as breakfast at the beginning and end of the school year for Irving teachers and staff, and during other times of year. Many years we support teacher requests for specific items needed in their classrooms such as sheet music for the choir program or makerspace activities or new books for the Media Center.
Fundraiser 2017-18 (ICOR)
- Our annual Fall fundraiser is based on the exciting idea of getting students to volunteer and contribute to others in our community. By encouraging our students to see how they can help others in our community and raising money for the school, it is a win-win for everyone. We have received excellent feedback from our students, school and community.
- Watch for more information about how YOU can raise funds for Irving with ICOR (Irving Community Out-Reach). If you have ideas for volunteer activities, please contact ICOR Coordinator, Jon Carlson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Irving parents, teachers and students are automatically members of IPTSO! We do not have membership fees, but we do encourage an annual donation of support if you are able.
- LINK TO New IPTSO Sign-Up form
2017-18 IPTSO Meeting Schedule
- IPTSO meetings are open to all Irving parents, teachers and students. Typical meetings include a Q&A with the Principal, discussion of upcoming events and activities, and useful information for parents.
- We hope you are able to join us. If not, we definitely want your input and welcome your comments at any time. Please let us know if you have any ideas, concerns, or suggestions.
All meetings are held at 6:00 pm in the Irving Media Center (library) on 2nd Floor.
- Tuesday, August 15
- Tuesday, September 19
- Tuesday, October 24
- Tuesday, November 21
- No meeting scheduled in December
- Tuesday, January 16
- Tuesday, February 20
- Tuesday March 20
- Tuesday, April 17
- Tuesday, May 15
2017–2018 IPTSO Board
President: Clover Frederick email@example.com
Vice-President: Jen Jorges firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Susan Crotteau email@example.com
Treasurer: Liz Schessler firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications: Karen Wills email@example.com
Past President: Jon Carlson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Hoc: Kristen Cline email@example.com
Ad Hoc: Angie Fedon firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad Hoc: Amy Eldred email@example.com
Ad Hoc: Janee Gagner firstname.lastname@example.org
Irving Rec Center: Rick Lingard email@example.com
Irving Principal: Jason Shanahan firstname.lastname@example.org