3rd Grade Team
Welcome to the third grade web page! On this page you will find information about upcoming events, homework, curriculum, schedules and more! Our page will be updated with important information throughout the year. The third grade teachers are looking forward to a great year of learning and fun! Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
Upcoming Events: Spring Break March 13th-March 17th
- May 18th: Lincoln Walking Tour
- Life Cycles (Embryology)
- Simple Machines
SOCIAL STUDIES UNITS
- Communities Have a Place
- Communities Have Responsible Citizens
- Communities Have a History
- Communities Provide Goods and Services
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Family and Social Health
- Consumer and Environmental
- Students will have math homework most nights. It will need to be returned the next day. They also need to spend time at home to learn their math facts. Third grade students are expected to learn mixed addition and subtraction, multiplication, and division through ten .
- On the first day of the week, students will bring home a spelling list. Students need to practice at home for a test on Friday. We will not have spelling tests when we have less than four days in a week.
- Reading at home is a great way to become an even better reader! Our library is full of great books. Look for your child to be bringing home books to read on the day they go to the library. Partner reading with your child is a wonderful way to spend some family time together!
At Hill, students will be working on three life goals:
1. I can take good care of myself, even if I am mad.
2. I can be productive and follow directions even if I don’t want to.
3. I can be okay, even when others are not okay.
It is never okay to be disruptive or hurtful!