Week of November 12-16
Objective: This week I will learn how an Autotroph changes light energy into chemical energy that it can use to live as well as provide a molecule that other animals can consume and use in their bodies for energy to live.
Monday, Nov. 14
Lesson Objective: I will learn about the most important energy molecule in the world.
Opener: Energy is released when the ______ are broken between the phosphate groups of ATP.
Summary: Because energy is never created on this earth, what happens to the energy when a plant makes a carbohydrate?
Lesson Objective: I will learn how and where photosynthesis takes place.
Opener: Chlorophyll a and Chlorophyll b are located in membranes of the _____________?
Summary: What two molecules does a plant need to proceed with the Light-independent reactions of photosynthesis?
- View 1-3 of Photosynthesis
- hand out worksheets 8.1 & 8.2
- Assign 8.3 to read (click for a link)
- Students may access 8.2 over-view for individual study.(click for the link)
Lesson Objective: 1. I will learn about the electron transport chain and what it does.
2. I will learn about the Calvin cycle.
Opener: Photosystem II was referred to as photosystem _________ in the video. Photosystem I was referred to as Photosystem _______ in the video.
Summary: NADPH and ATP are high energy molecules that are used and turned into ________ & ___________ in the Light independent Reactions.
- View 4 – 6 of photosynthesis
- Hand out 8.3 worksheet. (Home work)
- Hand in 8.1 & 8.2 worksheets
- students may access 8.3 for individual study. (click for the link)
- QUIZ-STAR QUIZ TONIGHT AT HOME (CLICK FOR LINK)
Thursday, Nov. 17
Lesson Objective: I will look over worksheets and correct problems that I had.
Opener: After reviewing my Quiz-star answers I will ask for clarification of topic that I am not understanding at this pt.
Summary: Where were the Chloroplasts in the elodea cells that I saw today in my lab?
- Hand back 8.1 & 8.2 worksheets.
- Hand in 8.3 worksheet
- Hand out Chapter 8 review worksheet
- Discuss review worksheet
- Intervention of Quizstar problem areas.
- Elodea leaf lab (chloroplast)
- Retake quiz-star quiz at home.
Friday, Nov. 18
Lesson Objective: I will Demonstrate my understanding of Photosynthesis today.
Opener: I will ask one last question that I have on Photosynthesis before the exam.
Summary: What do you think about your understanding of the process of Photosynthesis?
- Summative exam over Chapter 8
- Assign 9.1 (click here to read)