The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management is excited to announce a summer workshop opportunity for current high school students.
Innovate: The Raikes School Way and Girls Who Innovate: The Raikes School Way
Dates: July 9 – 21, 2018
Target Audience: High school students who who expect to enter college in the fall of 2019. Those with limited or no computer science experience will be given priority. (2018-19 high school juniors may also be accepted on a space available basis)
Cost: $525 paid upon acceptance into the workshop (limited need-based scholarships are available)
- Stay in the Kauffman Center, home of the Raikes School in the heart of Nebraska’s city campus
- Learn basic programming skills, primarily in Java, and innovation concepts through project-oriented curriculum
- Receive instruction from Raikes School faculty members
- Visit campus research labs and local businesses
- Explore Lincoln and the Nebraska campus
Complete the scholarship application. Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need.
- Friday, March 16 – Registration and scholarship application deadline
- Friday, March 30 – Accepted applicants will be notified
- Friday, April 20 – Full registration payment for accepted applicants due
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after March 16 if space is available
After payments are received, we will issue a 50% refund of the registration fee if we are notified of cancellation by Tuesday, May 1, 2018 and a 25% refund if we are notified by Friday, June 1, 2018. Refunds will not be issued after June 1, 2018.
Questions? Contact Anna Pressler, Director of Recruitment and Student Success at the Raikes School, at email@example.com 402-472-9097.