Greetings Culler families!
We are very pleased with the hard work students have exhibited so far this school year. I do have a few reminders and some calendar events to pass on:
- Did you know that we currently have 149 students in our ELL program?
- The first languages of our ELL students include: Arabic, Chaldean, Chin-Zomi, Ewe, Farsi, French, Hindi, Japanese, Karen, Kurdish, Mandarin, Palauan, Pashto, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Vietnamese (18 languages)
Home Languages (of all students, not just those in ELL)Amharic, Arabic, Bosnian, Chladean, Chin-Zomi, Creole, English, Ewe, Farsi, French, Hindi, Japanese, Karen, Kurdish, Mandarin, Nuer, Palauan, Pashto, Persian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Vietnamese (25 languages)
Birth Country (of all students, not just those in ELL)Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cameroon, China, Congo, Cuba, Egypt, El Salvador, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Libyan Arab Am., Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palau, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Ukraine, United States, Vietnam, Zambia (36 countries)
- That means 38% of our student body learned a language other than English for their first language.
- Immediately following the conferences, there was a LPS Strategic Planning meeting in the Culler Media Center.
- We need Culler Parents to share their thoughts, hope and dreams for Lincoln Public Schools with our school board so please take time to fill out the survey. Thank you for your support.
- Thanks so much for the Culler flag donation to the Cross Country and Track teams. We are proud of our runners and the way they represent!
Culler Middle School is a professional learning community with a tradition of service, a culture of collaboration, and a commitment to student learning.