The Creative Curriculum for Preschool- This is our daily curriculum that is based on five fundamental principles. They guide practice and help us understand the reasons for intentionally setting up and operating preschool programs in particular ways. Through this curriculum we will do unit studies to help us gain competencies in all of our GOLD objectives.
These are the principles:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social–emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
Second Steps – The curriculum helps us learn and practice social-emotional skills. The three major units of the program are Empathy Training, Emotion Management and Problem Solving. Check out the website for this program. The link is on the right side of our site. You can use the activation code from the first parent letter I send home.
Talking About Touch – This curriculum focuses on teaching children basic skills designed to help then keep safe from dangerous or abusive situations. Check out the website for this program. The link is on the right side of our site.