What another wonderful week! This week in Creative Curriculum we worked on learning the rules in the classroom. We learned how to follow directions with instruments and what we can do with our hands to be safe. We also practiced our classroom superhero chant. Ask your child to try and show you this chant. We will continue to practice each week.
This week we worked really hard on focusing our attention and getting others attention. We use our “attentoscopes” to focus on one thing. You can read more about how to use those in the family letter from second steps below. We also learned how to get someone’s attention by tapping them on the shoulder and saying their name. You might notice that your student starts to do this at home as well. We encourage you to praise them for practicing these skills.
- Please complete the Self-Care Survey for your child if you haven’t done so already
- Sign-up for our September home visit
- We will be completing the Ages and Stages Questionnaire at this visit and doing one fun activity.
- Check out our classroom pictures to see all the fun we have been having
- Scholastic book orders are due Next Thursday if you want to order any books
- No Parent Teacher Conferences for preschoolers this year