Fitness testing will be given to all students in the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.
The test that will be assessed during the month of April
Fitness testing schedule for 2013
1) Push ups
2) Curl ups
3) Sit and reach (R) & (L) leg
4) Trunk Lift
FITNESSGRAM is a timely break-through in the youth fitness field. It is the fitness assessment of choice for thousands of schools and is used for millions of children and youth annually. The program is much more that an assessment of physical fitness. Youth who participate in the health-related test receive personalized reports on their performance. Here are the FITNESSGRAM’s advantages:
1. Each of the test items was selected to assess important aspects of a student’s health related fitness, not skill or agility.
2. Students are compared not to each other, but to health fitness standards, carefully established for each age and gender, that indicate good health.
3. Participants receive objective, personalized feedback and positive reinforcement which are vital to changing behavior and serve as a communications link between teachers and parents.
- a 20 meter progressive, multi-stage shuttle run set to music.
Body Mass Index
-calculated from height and weight
Muscle Strength, Endurance, and Flexibility
Abdominal Strength test by
1) Curl-up Test
2) Trunk Lift
Upper Body Strength
90 degree Push-up
Back-saver Sit-and-reach (R) & (L) leg