Block 1 & 2
There are different options available to finance your post – secondary education to achieve you future career goal.
WE WILL UNDERSTAND:
The need to have self-marketing skills to be workplace ready.
WE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the proper way to create a resume with references.
- Create and format an appropriate cover letter.
- Complete a job application.
- Identify resources for job availability
- Identify the steps necessary for a successful interview.
Key Terms: Employment letters, resumes, job applications, employment websites, job interview, networking, references, using resources to locate jobs, job search techniques (cold calls, blanket letters, job search websites, want ads).
- Discussion: How to Apply for a job and complete and application
- Complete Handwritten Application in class –job-application
- Assign: Summative Typed Application – job-application typed
Unit 4: Work: Beginning the job, staying employed, and advancing
Objective 4.2: Student will develop and evaluate a plan to manage their money to achieve personal goals.
4.2.A: personal values and goals and incorporate into personal budget.
4.2.B: Understand the responsibilities and liabilities with attaining the age of majority.
Key Terms: Fixed and variable expenses, money management, consumerism, gross and net income. Age of majority, contracts, liability, adult responsibility, default; Discretionary spending, consumer reports, financial guidelines, consumerism, discretionary spending
- Unit 4 Open Note Exam