Block 1 & 2
OBJECTIVE: The learner will . . . .
- understand and explain class expectations and procedures following a thorough presentation of the course syllabus
- Index Cards with questions (Share Questions!)
- Show Webpage
- Review Portfolio on Career Cruising and Matchmaker Session from previous time in education.
- Do Matchmaker on Career Cruising – Save as TAKE CHARGE
- Assign: Career Exploration Sheet
Unit 3: Act: I’m prepared, now what?
There are different options available to finance your post – secondary education to achieve you future career goal.
WE WILL UNDERSTAND:
The need to have self-marketing skills to be workplace ready.
WE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the proper way to create a resume with references.
- Create and format an appropriate cover letter.
- Complete a job application.
- Identify resources for job availability
- Identify the steps necessary for a successful interview.
Key Terms: Employment letters, resumes, job applications, employment websites, job interview, networking, references, using resources to locate jobs, job search techniques (cold calls, blanket letters, job search websites, want ads.
- Discussion on Cover Letter
- Reading and Questions: “Quick Take Cover” and worksheet
- Sign up for Interview Time Slot