Block 1 & 2
Unit 5: Plan and Save: Save; money and move out of the house
Objective 2: Students will understand the perils and risks in life and how to protect against the consequences of risk.
- Explain how insurance is based on risk sharing.
- Understand the importance of different types of insurance.
- Describe ways to reduce risk
Key Terms: Insurance, risk sharing / pooling, Home, life, auto, liability, property, health long term care, disability, social security, premiums, deductible, risk factors.
- Unit 5 Test
- Kahoot Review for Final
- Complete all missing work
Unit 3: Act: I’m prepared, now what?
There are different options available to finance your post – secondary education to achieve you future career goal.
WE WILL UNDERSTAND:
The need to have self-marketing skills to be workplace ready.
WE WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the proper way to create a resume with references.
- Create and format an appropriate cover letter.
- Complete a job application.
- Identify resources for job availability
- Identify the steps necessary for a successful interview.
Key Terms: Employment letters, resumes, job applications, employment websites, job interview, networking, references, using resources to locate jobs, job search techniques (cold calls, blanket letters, job search websites, want ads.
- Complete Summative Job Application
- Complete any Missing Assignments