- Every night your child should be reading for at least 10 minutes, ideally 20 minutes. Reading aloud (to people, pets, stuffed animals, etc.), reading in head, and being read to all count!
- Spelling tests take place on Friday’s. The child receives the spelling list on Monday, which leaves all week for studying.
- Your child will receive math worksheets for homework nearly every night, which will be due the next day.
- Weekly spelling, reading comprehension, and vocabulary tests take place on Friday’s.
- Math is tested by unit at various times through out the year.
- Writing is assessed one or twice per quarter, based on genre.