Visual Art at Lincoln Public Schools
Welcome to the Lincoln Public School Visual Art home page. Please let us know what you think of our site by emailing Nancy Childs at email@example.com.
The role of the Lincoln, Nebraska Public Schools’ Visual Art Department is to provide instruction in the art disciplines of aesthetics production, criticism, and history. This program provicdes students with the visual literacy component of a comprehensive education.
Through art education, students learn to develop visual perception, problem solving skills and an appreciation and understanding of our diverse aesthetic heritage. It is part of our purpose to communicate to students and to the community, the significance of the Visual Arts as a most important form of communication on the human condition.
National Presentations from 2009
- Designing My World – Real Design With Architecture
- Learn For Your Grade! Use standards-based assessment!
Lucy McHugh and Jolene Walker
- Dinosaurs’ Roar: An Echo From the Past Made Alive Again by Interdisciplinary Learning
- Re-engaging the Disenfranchised: What Works Today
- 21st Century Learning, State History and Art?
- Art + Technology = 21st Century Learning
National Presentations from 2008
To download please click on any of the following…
- Design the Design Problem by Nancy Childs
- Got Creativity By Nancy Childs
- Art Detectives
- 6 trait copy
- art detective form
- Be an art detective
- Mary Cassatt
- Paul Cezanne
Want more information? Email Rosalie Claussen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Reekers presentations
- Lucy McHugh, Lorinda Rice and Jolene Walker’s presentations
- Lynette Fast’s, presentation