WordPress at LPS is an online community of teachers, administrators and staff. It is a place for web sites, for blogs, for groups and discussions. This front page is a great place to watch to see all that is going on. If you are a WordPress at LPS user and need some help or information, read the information below or check the latest announcements in the right column. If you have questions that aren’t answered, ask away in our WordPress Questions forum.
More About WordPress at LPS
Writing and formatting content with WordPress is easy, as is previewing the site as you compose. WordPress supports adding images (even in gallery format), videos and audio (for podcasts) and allows you to categorize your content and tag it so that others can easily find it. Every Lincoln Public Schools staff member with an email login and password already has a WordPress account and can begin creating pages and posts immediately.
LPS Computing Services both trains and supports WordPress which can be used at all grade levels. We are happy to come to your building to train this or any other application. Please click here for details.
License & Software
Lincoln Public Schools is hosting WordPress for teacher Web pages and blogs. Since it is an online tool (using a browser), no additional software is necessary.
- Login to your LPS WordPress account here (for school use).
- For a personal (non-LPS) WordPress account, go to WordPress.com.
- WordPress @ LPS Video Series on Atomic Learning (Mac or Windows)
- What’s the Deal with your LPS Web Page? See an overview of solutions to decide which best meets your needs.
- WordPress Basics for LPS handout (PDF)